Tuesday, April 10, 2018

A U-Haul on the Back of a Chevy Beretta

Beretta? That's a weird name for a car. But onto the story...



In terms of chronological events I left off in May of 2015 telling the story of the second abortion. Since then I have been mainly giving my opinions and thoughts, updating on my healing progress, and some news in regards to pro-life and social issues. I think it is time to visit the aspects of my life after the abortions.
It will be a journey of "one sin begets another" and subconscious behavior based on forgotten trauma.

To recap; I had been living with my mother at the time of the second abortion. We weren't getting along. Getting on each other's nerves. Fighting about the dumbest things. The anger escalated above the offense. From what I have read this is not uncommon, between persons who have had a mutual involvement in an abortion.

So the year would have been about 1997. I think late in the year. Winter was just beginning. Running away from something, something unknown. Packed up what little stuff I had. Stuffed it in a small U-Haul trailer. Hooked it up to that little Chevy Beretta and from Michigan to Texas I went!

My father had come up from Texas to help load the trailer and drive down. He did most of the night driving and through mountainous hilly terrain. I drove during the day on average roads.
Somehow that little car made it, with the trailer on the back. I left Michigan with the mileage past the 100,000 mark.

There is somewhat of a metaphor here. I have spent most of my adult life careening down hill and back up again, with attached baggage I didn't even know was there. Baggage seems to be a metaphor for the problems in our life.
People always talk about others having baggage and they need to get rid of it. I'm sure that is true to an extent. It's not good to carry it around and let it affect you. But at the same time, it never really can fully leave you. It really is a time waster to drive the baggage around looking for the first available dump.
In ways it can shape you, for better or for worse. If one is able to grab that baggage, look into all the contents, and evaluate it it will make you stronger. Just don't obsess over it. Sometimes the contents of the baggage will make you cry. And that's OK.

This all being said I would like to invite you on my continuing journey. The journey that involves men, drinking, funning, and the sins it led to. I will not chronicle every detail, just the basics.

So buckle your seatbelts baby, it's going to be a bumpy ride!...

2 comments: