Thursday, May 7, 2015

Abortion and Hoarding? A Connection?

Still working on things to talk about in regards to the Rachel's Vineyard Retreat.  In the meantime; I had planned on doing spring cleaning early.  I started, really I did.  Look, it's May already and not even close to finished!  Well, I did try.  Still planning on working on that.  Got a good portion done in the kitchen.

Went through a lot of my, let's call it what it is, crap!  That's what it is.  So many things found in my cupboards just sitting there taking up space for absolutely no reason.  I have no clue whatsoever how it ended up in my house or what even possessed me to purchase it.  Granted, some of it was given to me by friends and family.  And for whatever reason I just could not tell them "thanks but no thanks."

Oh, it's not just kitchen items that I "collect."  It's anything and everything.   I really don't collect anything specific; I likes, I buys.  I mean I do have some collections that fit in a certain category.  And that's what I am trying to do in my sorting and separating.  If the item is not part of a collection and really truly isn't very useful for any purpose then out it goes.  By which I mean not throwing anything away, I plan on having a garage sale.  Anything I don't sell will be donated to the thrift store.  Yay, you can have my junk!  Lucky you!

So here is where the deep thoughts come in.  So here I am, looking at the said "crap."  Wondering why I even bought it.  Then I wondered, is this one of the residual effects of my abortion?  When I go to a store, thrift shop or garage sale I have this overwhelming sense to buy something, anything, doesn't matter what.  I can search through the store and not find one stinking thing.   So I find some cheap little trinket.  Possibly a 10c. Mason jar.  I really don't need that 10c. Mason jar, and I know at the time I don't need it, yet I buy it just so I can leave with something in my hands. 
Here is where the possible connection to the abortion comes in.  I left the abortion clinics empty handed.  Looking back, I feel empty from the abortions.  Like I left something behind.  I don't want to feel empty.  Yet, after the shopping high is over, I don't feel any better.  Especially if money is getting tight afterwards.  I regret the purchase.  Individual items may be cheap, but those little items can add up.  Both financially and physically.

Again, as I have said a million times before, I am no expert.  I have no idea if there really is an abortion and hoarding connection.  Maybe I am the only one this happens to.  And of course I do know not everyone who hoards has had an abortion and/or has been affected be abortion in one way or the other.  I just know this is a reality for me.  A reality I need to change.

2 comments: