Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Multi-Gemstone Pro-Life Rosary Bracelet

At the risk of posting something that may "identify" me; this is a pro-life Rosary bracelet I had made soon after being home from the Rachel's Vineyard Retreat.  I like to make Rosaries; full size and bracelet size (one decade).  I had made another pro-life bracelet in pink pearl with a Mary Untier/Undoer of Knots image for the medal and baby themed charms, a few months ago. 
At the retreat I was given a few gifts from some of the retreat leaders.  Some of them were gifts of the same thing that were given to each attendee.  Some were individual gifts given to me.  Most of them were saint medals and charms for jewelry.  I am sure others were given "personalized" gifts. 
I am not sure, but I think the reason I was given so many medals is because I told someone at the retreat that I had wanted to bring my full Rosary that also had an Untier of Knots center, but left it at home.  And I also told them about the bracelet.  Since the place of the retreat was held at a Catholic retreat center there were many Christian images, such as Jesus (of course), Mary (of course), Joseph, well known saints, popes and such.  I had asked them if they knew if one of the images was the Undoer of Knots, somewhere.  Just to look at and bring some comfort.  Wouldn't you know it?!  That person also had a medal of the Untier of Knots!  They give it to me.  And said I could keep it.  Which was very nice.  I thought I would add it to my bracelet when I came home. 
Others at the retreat had heard about this.  Then they gave me some charms, at different breaks/after sessions during the retreat.  They had said that the priest who was there as the spiritual leader had blessed them.  So I am not sure if they asked him to bless them with me in mind or not.  So I decided I would add those to my bracelet also. 
During my stay at the local hotel in the town of the retreat, not having anything to do with the retreat, I felt lead to make a completely new bracelet inspired by the retreat.  The bracelet would be inspired by the wonderful persons I met.  Since there was ten of us, myself included, it was the perfect number for a full decade! Of course I won't tell how each person inspired me, but I will say that each different and individual bead was chosen by all the wonderful qualities of each attendee.  Please read below about the charms and choosing of the Crucifix, Our Father Bead, and main medal.

Each bead is a genuine gemstone.  Medals and charms given to me are Mary Untier of Knots, Our Lady of Fatima, tag that says "blessed," and St. Therese of the Little Flower.  The charms are foot prints, baby carriage, and a teddy bear holding a bouquet of flowers; that I already had. 

I had chosen the Pope Francis cross for the Crucifix, for the simple of humbleness of it.  As a reminder of Jesus being The Shepherd leading his flock who doesn't forget a one of us who stumbles and becomes lost.  I choose a large crimson colored bead as the Our Father bead, as a symbol of Jesus' blood shed on the cross; for all us sinners. The main medal is Mary of the Streets. Chosen for the humility and unpretentiousness.  According to this Wikipedia link the image was not originally intended as religious.  But so evoked the thought of Mary holding baby Jesus.

I only wear this bracelet at home.  I want to avoid anyone asking me about it.  I have no problem with anyone noticing the other one.  If someone were to ask about it, I could just say I made it because of my pro-life views, without mentioning my having had the abortions.  This one it might would be more difficult to avoid that in the explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment